Sunday, March 15, 2015

RARE ROAST BEEF RECIPE

Special thanks to Dominic LeRoux of LeRoux Meats and Deli in Holden, MA who shared the best recipe for ROAST BEEF that I have ever tried.  The roast was done perfectly on the outside, yet rare and tasty in the middle.  Here is what he told me to do:

1.  PreHeat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Season meat as you like it.
3.  Place roast in oven and cook at 500 degrees for 5 minutes per pound.  Example  3 lbs= 15 minutes, 4 lbs = 20 minutes.  Do not exceed 30 min at 500 degrees.
4.  After that, turn over temp to 180 to 200 degrees. Roast for up to two hours at this lower temp.
5.  DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR.
6.  Then let roast sit for two hours.






I found this process to give me a tasty and moist roast.  I used a delmonico roast.


Tell me what you think.

More about Leroux's at http://www.lerouxmeatsanddeli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment